The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2022-2023
Earn a Masters in Development Practice from one of the top ten schools in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
- University tuition
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
For more information, please email: email@example.com
Country: United States of America
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
- Commitment to work in the development sector in Egypt following graduation from YLSS Program for no less than two (2) consecutive years.
- Applicants are committed to provide a proof of income.
- Completed application form including the personal statement.
- Copy of valid passport ID page.
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS valid score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
||Period of implementation
|Scholarship official announcement
||May to mid-October of each year
|Personal Interviews with the shortlisted candidates
||Early November of each year
|Announcing the selected scholars and filling the university admission application
||Mid of November to mid of December of each year
||March of each year
|Beginning of academic year at Minnesota University
||Late August/early September of each year