The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program (OSSP) - Undergraduate
Through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program, Orascom Construction provides fully funded scholarships for Egyptian students to pursue bachelor’s degree programs at prestigious universities in the U.S. in fields that will promote the economic prosperity of Egypt.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is granted to selected students to pursue their bachelor’s degree in one of the following U.S. Universities:
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Fields of Study:
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted for the above fields of study. Applicants are encouraged to visit the endorsed universities’ websites to decide on the desirable program within the above fields of study.
Duration of Study:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree program.
Eligibility Criteria - Undergraduate Scholarship:
Undergraduate applicants applying for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program must meet the below minimum requirements:
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma or equivalent high school certificates (N.b. Students completing their grade 11 by the time of application deadline (July 31, 2023) and students completing their grade 12 by the application deadline (July 31, 2023) are both eligible to apply for the undergraduate scholarship program).
- TOEFL iBT ® as a proof of English Proficiency: Minimum required score is 100 (taken within 2 years).
- Minimum SAT I Score: 1450 (Taken within 2 years) or Minimum ACT Score: 32 (Taken within 2 years).
- Extracurricular Activities: Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S. in the year 2024.
- Preference is given to applicants who have not resided outside of Egypt.
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor's degree.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities listed above.
- Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Nominated students should be ready to start their university applications by October 2023.
- Nominees will be supported in applying to the endorsed U.S. universities only. If nominated for the scholarship, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
- Students completing their grade 11 by the time of application deadline (July 31, 2023) and students completing their grade 12 by the application deadline (July 31, 2023) are both eligible to apply for the undergraduate scholarship program, provided that they start their first year of bachelor studies as freshmen in August 2024.
To apply for the scholarship program, applicants must submit their application online and upload the following list of documents prior to the application deadline. Applications missing any of the required documents or test scores will be automatically disqualified and will not be considered in the scholarship screening phase.
- Online application form: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Undergraduate application
- Copy of test scores (SAT I or ACT) & TOEFL iBT ®, Taken within 2 years.
- Copy of latest transcripts.
- Copy of grade 12 certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate, if available (Students completing their grade 11 by the time of application deadline (July 31, 2023) are only required to submit their latest transcripts).
- Two recommendation letters.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted through the contact information listed in their application. Due to the large number of applications, we are unable to provide application status updates or feedback to unsuccessful/ineligible applicants.
Schedule of Events:
- July 31st, 2023: Deadline for submitting online applications with all supporting documents
- August / September 2023: Selection of semi-finalists and personal interviews at Orascom Construction.
- September 2023: Notification of the nominated applicants.
- October 2023: Program orientation for nominated applicants.
- October 2023-April/May 2024: University applications and placement process.
- July 2024: Award Ceremony at Orascom Construction, Pre-departure orientation and travel arrangements.
- August – September 2024: Departure of awarded recipients to the United States.
TEST DATES AND REGISTRATION FEES:
- TOEFL iBT has fixed dates and test centers throughout the year. This information is available on ETS website on this link or through Amideast/Egypt. The test fees rate is at $205 if registration is done online or at $245 if registration is done through Amideast/Egypt (Test Fees $205 + Amideast local registration fees $ 40).
The above registration fees are subject to change at any time. Applicants are encouraged to check directly with tests administration entities for the up-to-date fees.
For more information regarding the above exams:
Please contact Amideast/Egypt at the following hotline number 19263 or visit the premises at 38 Mohie El Din Abo El Ezz Street, Dokki, Giza or 3 Faraana Street, Azarita, Alexandria, Egypt .
For inquiries, please contact: OSSP@amideast.org
Or Contact AMIDEAST on 19263
Orascom Construction and The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development reserve the right to reject any application at its sole discretion at any time.