Reporting to: Education & Scholarships Sector Director
Sector: Education & Scholarships
- Direct Reports: 2-3 (Senior Scholarships Program Officer - Scholarships Program Officer)
- Indirect Reports: NA
Main Job Purpose:
Support the Education & Scholarship Programs Sector Director by assisting in the design, administration, and monitoring of projects & programs, processes and communications; providing key information and resources to both internal and external beneficiaries, providing general technical and operational support to the sector.
- Contribute to setting the sector strategy.
- Support Sector director in identifying keys trends in higher education, in relevance to local needs and relation to global, regional and local trends in future jobs and the review and design of annual plans and strategies.
- Develop operational guidelines, strategies, plans and methodologies that ensure interventions are managed and executed efficiently and effectively, via a sustainable & replicable model.
- Initiate, establish and maintain sound and productive working relationships with key program stakeholders (e.g. partners, private sector, universities, and relevant Ministries).
- In collaboration with the Finance Sector, prepare, manage and monitor annual budgets to maintain expenditure in accordance with annual budgets.
- Lead on the design; implementation and monitoring of new scholarship concepts.
- Lead on the development of outreach materials; review content and ensure all SFSD platform disseminate the relevant and accurate information.
- Develop an alumni engagement strategy and lead with team on implementing it.
- Oversee alumni databases and ensure they are up to date and accessible.
- Ensure grievance redress mechanisms are in place and effective.
- Work closely with the Finance sector in ensuring relevant governmental approvals are obtained.
- Manage and mentor team including feedback; on the job training; period evaluations and year end performance evaluation.
- Abide by new tasks raised by Director.
Position Relationship with Other Parties:
- Internal Relationships: Finance Auditing - Learning & Strategy - HR & Admin.
- External Relationships: Partners - NGOs - INGOs - Associations.
- In Office: 60%
- Out of Office: 40%
- Working Days: 5
- Days off: Friday & Saturday
- Working Hours: 9 am to 5 pm
- Work Hazard: Normal
- Level of Authority: Authority and decisions within own departmental decisions.
- Financial Control: Department budget: responsible on budget of a cost center
- Annual Amount: NA.
- Hiring Authority & Promotion: Coach New Employees - Direct Supervision - Responsible for Employees Performance Appraisal - Conduct Technical Interview only.
- Bachelor's Degree in public administration, Education, public policy, or any related field.
- Master degree in related field is preferred (education; development practice; public administration).
- Basic legal knowledge is preferred.
- A minimum 8-10 years’ work experience in related field, and minimum of 3-5 years in a managerial level.
- Able to do research functions.
- Excellent computer literacy, with experience in Microsoft word, Excel, outlook and databases.
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheets is preferable.
- Native-speaker proficiency in Arabic composition.
- Proficiency in English composition.
- Good Knowledge of German Language speaking and composition, is preferable.
- Experience in report writing.
- Intermediate proficiency in translation of documents from German to English & Arabic, is a plus.
Respect: Dealing with each individual taking into account all his/her needs, rights, differences and opinions; we Value time, effort, place and resources.
Equality: We grant each person the right to express, participation and ownership of all his/her rights, privileges and equal opportunities.
Trustworthiness: Fulfillment of rights, duties and responsibilities effectively with sincerity, integrity and dedication to work.
Cooperation: Work within the spirit of support, show flexibility with all people and entities we deal with.
Team Work: Organized collaboration between an integrated group of people with specific and interrelated roles to reach a common goal.
- Adhering to principles and values.
- Working with others.
- Time management.
- Strong written and verbal communication and Networking skills.
Functional Key Competencies:
- Attention to details.
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Working independently.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, adaptable in effective relationships with both Egyptians and foreigners.
- Ability to independently carry out tasks.
How to Apply:
To apply please send the application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Candidate Name – Scholarships Programs Manager – L13"
The deadline for applying is Dec. 31th, 2022.
Kindly note that candidates' applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the vacancy will be closed upon hiring.