Sawiris Foundation for Social Development is seeking to hire a Media & Communications Officer
Under the direct supervision of the PR and Communications Manager, the Communication officer expected to be involved in a variety of communications projects, primarily focusing on social media, web editing and publications production support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the SFSD Communications department in the following tasks:
- Write and edit editorial content including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the SFSD’s activities, services and achievements.
- Ensure timely and quality production of branding and marketing materials such as publications, newsletter, social media campaigns.
- Maintain SFSD website continuously to improve the design of the website, ensure key deadlines are met for the dissemination of time-sensitive content. in addition to timely updates and monthly reports on improvements and content plans.
- Generate and analyze reports (quarterly) on web traffic and KPIs using Google Analytics, Hoot suite, and other social media focused analytics channels.
- Manage and develop social media platforms (Face book, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn YouTube, etc) on daily basis; monitoring, posting and content development.
- Produce timely, accurate reports on social media outcomes to the senior management on regular basis.
- Actively engage with online audiences through social media channels. Timely responses to messages and comments, monthly reports on levels of engagement.
- Develop contracts with PR companies, designers, printers, and other external suppliers, assuring to follow SFSD procurement rules and procedures.
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos, records of media coverage, publications, and provide timely support to staff in accessing needed information from these archives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and develop the media database.
- Build and maintain effective internal communications across all offices.
- Assist the PR and Communications Department with any other duties as may be assigned.
- Academic degree in Communications, Arts, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Sciences or related field.
- 3 -5 years of related work experience in PR & Communications.
- Excellent professional English communication skills (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Demonstrated and extensive writing experience in both languages (Arabic and English) is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing and updating websites and social media platforms.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and tact.
- Ability to travel to target areas / provinces/ districts.
- Have high level of integrity, accountability, and punctuality and be willing to work under pressure,
- Willing to demonstrate and be exemplary in portraying SFSD values and ethics.
To apply please send the application form and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Candidate Name –Media and Communication Officer"