The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and supporting the programs design and management processes, lessons learned, and best practices in long-term development interventions in economic, social and education areas. The success of this role in these areas will depend on the ability to effectively capture, transfer, and maintain ongoing analysis of performance, knowledge, and experience.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will supervise and support employees of the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit throughout their work in the different development themes through: Leadership, Coaching, Team Development, Employee Engagement, Planning, Coordination and Change Management. This role will leverage deep knowledge and skills in these areas of practitioner expertise to support effective performance and organizational learning. As part of SFSD Monitoring and Evaluation team, this position will provide his/her expertise both internally and externally, and would work collaboratively with other directors to provide impactful organizational and institutional role of Monitoring and Evaluation unit across the organization.
The job duties listed below are typical examples of work that are to be performed by the position, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities to be carried out by this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on sectors or program needs without changing the general nature, scope of the role, or level of responsibility. The Monitoring and Evaluation Director may also perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Oversees all Monitoring and Evaluation operations of the unit.
• Provides technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity building for staff in analysis, visualization, dissemination, and use of data from different sources.
• Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support. • Supports ongoing development of the organization’s MIS electronic system for the foundation and its grantees.
• Provides technical leadership in managing and developing organization’s Learning Framework and systems at the level of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Process Indicators.
• Works with HR & Admin Department in several aspects including Media & Communication issues to support communication report and SFSD’s website updating, and with HR Officers in the formulation of appraisal system, and consult with IT Officer to support telecommunication of the M&E data and information.
• Develops and maintains collaborative and constructive dialogue and with technical staff of implementing partners, relevant government agencies, and NGOs.
• Facilitates or participates in meetings with key business prospects.
• Works independently, participate as a team member, and/or lead teams of consultants to successful assignment/task delivery.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Monitoring & Evaluation and Research
• Provides technical expertise for programs Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Provides oversight for development of performance monitoring plans and development of systems for data collection, collation, analysis and use.
• Seeks and uses inputs from diverse sources to generate alternative M&E and L&S approaches.
• Design and conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
• Manages and develop strategies, tools for the design and implementation of information systems for KPIs at organizational, sectoral and at implementing partner levels.
• Ensures that strategies and project implementation adhere to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
• Provides broad global technical leadership to design and implementation of information systems for KPIs.
• Manages evaluations to inform relevant management on performance and recommend replication and enhancement.
• Utilizes existing data sources and information when available to support new interventions design/modification and design pre/post-intervention metrics (standardized data).
• Ensures data quality and conduct data quality spot-checking.
• Collects implementing partners reports, manage analysis of data, and reporting it according to the M&E system.
• Conducts organizational diagnostics and provides targeted recommendations in the SFSD thematic sectors and in the areas of Strategic Planning, Culture Change, and Organizational Design.
• Mentors and acts as a Change Agent to SFSD staff to better understand and respond to the new organizational change in regard to the new role of M&E.
• Attends training and participates in continuous improvement measures.
• Proactively shares knowledge and expertise to help SFSD staff and stakeholders to develop and grow.
• Proactively extracts knowledge and expertise to support SFSD’s organizational evolution.
• Conducts team development activities such as retreats, assessments, and workshops.
• Develops training materials and train program staff on M&E and relevant topics.
Program Development and Strategy
• Participates with the program heads in the development of initial needs assessment, and development of proposals for new programs.
• Serves as one of the primary decision maker for technical issues on project/program levels.
• Highlights consistency of performance with the strategic direction.
• Identifies and consults with executive management on recommendations to make better business decisions.
• Contributes to planning and development of strategies of the programs and projects, and provides organizational effectiveness solutions.
• Support the analysis and use of data from routine information systems and special surveys to influence the design and scope of project interventions.
• Ensure that project data are appropriately displayed in dashboards using various graphics.
• Shares expertise and intervention knowledge within work team and across SFSD and its partners.
• Proactively acts as an educator through sharing knowledge and expertise to help SFSD to develop and grow in the areas relevant to the role and functions of the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit.
• Engages in writing publications.
• Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
• Conduct requirements analysis through organized forums, focus groups, and surveys on Knowledge Management strategies.
• Facilitate the incorporation of multimedia in Knowledge Management applications.
• Facilitate the roll out of Knowledge Management initiatives through demonstrations, presentations, training documentation, and training workshops.
Bachelor’s degree (M&E Post-Graduate Diploma or relevant Master’s Degree preferred) in Management, Business Administration, Statistics, Information Systems, Social Sciences, International Development or another related field.
MA is a plus
Experience and Requirements:
• At least 8 - 10 years of experience designing M&E Systems and their Information Systems; M&E Capacity Building; evaluation and assessment design, survey design, implementation and management; project management; or an appropriate combination of these areas of experience.
• Previous experience in senior management position is a plus
• Good experience dealing with national and international NGOs
• Perfect Knowledge of the Egyptian NGOs Law
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of MIS design and utilization is preferred.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of development programs and systems in the Egyptian context.
• Ability to manage M&E Systems and administer its information systems, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
• Previous experience in designing data collection, organizing, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data sets generated through routine information systems and special surveys.
• Experience managing data using appropriate software such as SAS, SPSS, EPIINFO, Dedoose, and/or STATA.
• Extensive knowledge and utilization of MS Office Applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with highly developed public speaking.
• Experience conducting formal and informal classroom training, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
• Strong technical English and Arabic writing skills.
• Aptitude to process communication styles of team members, and other stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and levels of experience.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally.
• Ability to manage teams effectively, delegate tasks, effectively lead tasks remotely,
• Negotiation and conflict management skills are preferred.
• Experience in policy implications is preferred.
To apply, please click HERE to fill in the application form, and send it with your C.V. to: email@example.com Please write the job title in the email subject (Monitoring & Evaluating Director)
Deadline Thu, Oct 01, 2020