To be responsible for the accounting information and transactions including preparing journal entries, payments, maintaining accounting records & bank reconciliations, and handling accounting activities. Also, prepare monthly-end period closings and prepare financial reporting.
1. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand and implement accounting & financial policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Prepare daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports and statements.
- Prepare daily and monthly transactions and monitor monthly payments to Tax Authority and Regulatory Bodies (Income tax, Social Insurance, etc). Ensure that all transactions are supported with reliable documentations and posted to the system.
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Perform month-end reconciliations and submit financial reports as requested.
- Document all accounting records including accounts receivable and staff advances on a daily basis and its collection as scheduled.
- Assist in preparing the periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Participate in preparing monthly cash flows.
- Handles financial auditing responsibility of some projects (restricted or unrestricted) of special nature.
- Participate in the staff monthly payroll preparations.
- Facilitate annual audit activities.
- Ensure timely reporting to the Finance Director and handle other tasks requested.
- Governmental Entities and Ministries
3. Working Relationships
- This position reports to the Finance Director.
- The position has relationships with, All the Foundation’s sectors, NGO’s and External Partners.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Work Experience: 2-4 years of experience in similar positions.
Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with advanced accounting software.
Languages: Native-speaker proficiency in Arabic composition. Proficiency in English composition, and in report writing.
Relational Skills: Adaptable in effective relationships with both Egyptians and foreigners.
Able to independently carry out tasks.
To apply please send the application form and your CV to: email@example.com with the subject line “Candidate Name” –Accountant"