Main Job Purpose:
Education Program Senior Officer provide support to the sector throughout communicating, implementing and monitoring of the Educational programs in order to ensure improving access to quality education for change agents as per the sector OKRs and SFSD strategic objectives.
- Contribute to setting the sector strategy.
The main responsibilities will be on the Foundation Educational projects especially Preprimary and Basic education projects to do the following:
- Assist in identifying of new projects by meeting SFSD representatives, following leads, and conducting research related to project proposals.
- Assist in preparing proposals, tenders, and pre-qualification documents.
- Communicate directly with stakeholders and facilitate program details and logistics through liaising and serving as a point of contact for all communications between partners / NGOs / associations and the foundation to provide information and resources regarding Educational activities and programs in coordination with the manager. Conduct field visits as needed.
- Responsible for periodic updates of projects portfolio on SFSD website.
- Discuss budget and its terms with L&S / partnership / other dept. and financial audit.
- Research topics related to education, which are of interest to the Foundation.
- Take corrective measures with NGOs when needed.
- Undertake administrative work related to projects including filing, letter writing, and documentation of project progress.
- Conduct research on certain interventions ideas.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Review project documents, and align with other sectors to reach
a collective opinion.
- Review phase reports and prepares and perform audit visits.
- Submit regular and ad hoc status reports on all assigned projects to the manager.
Collaborate with other sectors
- Collaborate with other technical sectors in the coordination of
- Collaborate with the Learning & Strategy sector in evaluating the idea (cost efficiency and evidence-basis), monitoring and evaluating the partner NGOs performance.
- Monitor the projects' budget with the financial audit sector through regular assessment of the project to ensure proper budget allocation and apply any corrective actions if needed.
- Support and monitor the database of the partner NGOs and related projects data in collaboration with the MIS in order to have a complete profile for partners and facilities accessibility to project information at any time.
- Provide input for social media and website content material to the PR that reflects the sector progress, success stories, and achievements.
Networking & communication
- Establish sustainable and effective relationships with partners,
NGO’s, government and public bodies, private sector entities, and
other stakeholders that are of relevance to their scope of work.
- Develop and maintain regular contacts with targeted communities and beneficiaries as required.
- Represent the sector in formal conferences and meetings with partners, in coordination with the manager, and create regular positive networks and communication with governmental and non-governmental counterparts.
Position Relationship with Other Parties:
- Internal Relationships: Finance Auditing - Learning & Strategy - other sectors.
- External Relationships: Partners - NGOs - INGOs - Associations.
- In Office: 60%
- Out of Office: 40%
- Working Days: 5
- Days off: Friday & Saturday
- Working Hours: 9 am to 5 pm
- Work Hazard: Normal
- Level of Authority: Minor, based on the list of choices, these decisions are based on standard rules and procedures.
- Financial Control: NA.
- Annual Amount: NA.
- Hiring Authority & Promotion: Does not Coach New Employees - No Supervision at all - Not Involved in the Employees Performance Appraisal - Does not interfere in the hiring process.
- Bachelor's Degree in public administration, Education, public policy, or any related field.
- Master's degree is preferable.
- Basic legal knowledge is preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience.
- Able to do basic research functions.
- Native Arabic Language.
- English proficiency.
- German/French is a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in the translation of documents from German to English & Arabic.
Respect: Dealing with each individual taking into account all his/her needs, rights, differences and opinions; we Value time, effort, place and resources.
Equality: We grant each person the right to express, participation and ownership of all his/her rights, privileges and equal opportunities.
Trustworthiness: Fulfillment of rights, duties and responsibilities effectively with sincerity, integrity and dedication to work.
Cooperation: Work within the spirit of support, show flexibility with all people and entities we deal with.
Team Work: Organized collaboration between an integrated group of people with specific and interrelated roles to reach a common goal.
- Planning and organizing.
- Networking and communication.
- Adhering to principles and values.
- Working with others.
Functional Key Competencies:
- Attention to details.
- Time management.
- Working independently.
How to Apply:
To apply please send the application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Candidate Name – Education Program Senior Officer – L9"
The deadline for applying is April 15th, 2023.
Kindly note that candidates' applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the vacancy will be closed upon hiring.