The German Hotel School in Gouna Scholarship Program
Misr El Kheir Official Website
Phone Number: 02-28452054 / 02-28452052 Extension: 165,166,215
Mobile: 0128-5555-335 / 0127-8473-331
Address: 6 Al Ahram Street – Nafoura Square – Al Moqattam – Al Hadaba Al Olya – Cairo
This program is funded by Sawiris Foundation in partnership with Misr El Kheir with 40% and 60% ratios of funding respectively. The program aims at providing 200 students, from Upper Egypt and border governorates starting the academic year of 2015-2016. To date, 68 students have been awarded the scholarship.
The school follows the dual system that combines theory and practice. The study program is designed to provide the students with the theoretical and language skills they need to become professionals in hotel management. Additionally, it allows the students to gain technical experience through training at the top hotels in the country. At the end of their program at the Hotel School, students earn a diploma accredited from the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Leipzig (IHK) as well as the Egyptian Ministry of Education. 2 years of employment in Egypt follow.
- Egyptian nationality
- Preparatory stage certificate
- Ages 14-16 at the beginning of September of enrolment year
- Residence in one of the governorates of Upper Egypt or the border
- Applicants are to fill out the application form found at one of Misr El Kheir’s field offices and submit it along with the following required documents via email or via office visit:
- 2 recent personal photos
- Copy of preparatory certificate
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of national ID card (if applicable)
- Passing the personal interview
- Passing the German Hotel School’s written aptitude exams
- Passing the physical fitness test at the Gouna Hospital
Selection committee is to include representatives of Misr El Kheir, Sawiris Foundation and the German Hotel School.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees as well as living expenses.
PERIOD OF FUNDING: