Technische Universitat Berlin (TUB) Campus El Gouna Scholarship Program
TU Berlin Campus El Gouna was officially inaugurated in 2012, offering a master’s degree in:
TU Berlin is the first German university to operate a campus in Egypt wholly on the basis of the quality criteria of the Federal Republic of Germany. The realization of this campus was made possible by the extraordinary initiative of the sponsor, TU Berlin alumnus Samih Sawiris. He donated 200 million EGP to this project, reinforcing Egypt’s reputation as a venue for scientific research and technology.
The academic sector at TU Berlin Campus El Gouna (TUBCG) is run exclusively by German or German-educated staff; the administrative management and regulations correspond to Germany’s state-controlled regulations. TUBCG offers students outstanding working conditions: modern buildings with excellent facilities, laboratories and halls for experiments according to German standards. One of the program’s 4 terms is taught at the main campus of TU Berlin in Germany.
A total of 86 students have been awarded the Sawiris Foundation Scholarship at TUBCG so far in collaboration with our generous partners: Orascom Construction Industries (OCI), SADKO for Trading & Industry, Titan Cement Egypt (TCE), Environmental Solutions (ES) and BAVARIA Egypt.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Meeting TUBCG’s entry requirements for the master’s degree programs
- Proficiency and command of the English language
- Inability to finance studies from personal resources
- Students who fulfill the eligibility criteria apply directly through TUBCG’s application process. Application could be found HERE.
- Documents to be delivered via application: final academic transcript, motivation letter (1-2 pages), proof of work experience and of civil society engagement.
- Directly after an assessment is made by the TUBCG admission committee, a shortlist of candidates is sent to Sawiris Foundation.
Sawiris Foundation representatives and its partners hold a personal interview with the candidates shortlisted by TUBCG. The scholarship is awarded to candidates who demonstrate academic and professional excellence, financial need, future vision, community engagement and inter-personal skills.
The scholarship covers the full tuition fees.
PERIOD OF FUNDING: