Special and Inclusive Education Scholarships
In 2007, Sawiris Foundation began funding a scholarship program in collaboration with the Learning Resource Center (LRC) in Cairo and the Institute of Education (IoE) of University of London. This marks the first program of its kind in Egypt, which provides opportunities for students to earn an MA in Special and Inclusive Education.
The program is taught through face-to-face tutorials with IoE lecturers as well as study groups through LRC. In addition, video conferences are also available to all registered students such as access to library services at the IoE, online services, e-journals and postal service. To date, Sawiris Foundation has sponsored 37 students.
- Egyptian nationality
- University degree at 2:2 or above, approved by the IoE
- Minimum score of 7 in IELTS, or minimum score of 280 in computer-based TOEFL
- At least 2 years of experience in teaching
- Inability to finance MA program from own resources
- Academic applications are done directly through the IoE’s website
- Scholarship application procedures are handled directly by the LRC.
Following the initial stage of acceptance at the IoE, a selection committee consisting of Sawiris Foundation and LRC representatives make the final selection of scholarship recipients.
The scholarship includes a partial tuition coverage based on financial need.
PERIOD OF FUNDING: