Senior Education & Scholarship Programs Officer
Sawiris Foundation for Social Development is seeking a Senior Education & Scholarship Programs Officer
TITLE: SENIOR OFFICER.
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION & SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS.
REPORT TO: EDUCATION & SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM MANAGER
WORKING HOURS /WEEK: 39.5
Support the Foundation’s Education & Scholarship Programs Department by assisting in the implementation, administration, and monitoring of projects & programs, processes and communications; maintaining applicant and scholar information, providing information and resources to both internal and external beneficiaries, providing a general administrative support to the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in setting up new scholarship programs from concept phase to student selection.
- Assist in administrating all Scholarship programs
- Receive and answer mail, e-mail and telephonic inquiries for information regarding the scholarship programs.
- Receive student applications and mailing letters/e-mails students concerning awards and non-awards of all scholarships, sending award notification packets, receiving and recording all documents, and follow-up on award payments for distribution,
- Serve as the primary contact and provide information on programs, eligibility, application, and the awarding process for applicants, recipients, parents, and schools.
- Ensure accuracy of student data in the database and department shared drive.
- Gather and distribute program materials as needed
- Assist in maintaining the department material on SFSD website.
- Assisting communication efforts scholarship programs.
- Provide assistance as needed for the Foundation’s Scholarship announcement ceremonies and other events.
- Assist in identifying new projects by meeting SFSD representatives, following leads, and conducting research related to project proposals.
- Assist in project concept development, proposal writing and project design.
- Assist in preparing proposals, tenders and pre-qualification documents
- Assist in monitoring and supervising projects through regular communication with partners, field visits, reviewing of technical reports as well as troubleshooting.
- Periodic update of project portfolio for website.
- Undertake administrative work related to projects including filing, letter writing, and documentation of project progress.
- Research topics related to the departments projects.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Department Manager.
Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
A minimum 4 -8 years work experience in related field.
Excellent computer literacy, with experience in Microsoft word, Excel, outlook and databases.
Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheets is preferable.
- Native-speaker proficiency in Arabic composition.
- Proficiency in English composition.
- Experience in report writing.
- Intermediate proficiency in translation of documents from Arabic to English.
Required skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, adaptable in effective relationships with both Egyptians and foreigners. Ability to independently carry out tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to handle confidential information
All CVs must be sent to HR & Admin Manager
Please write the job title "Senior Education & Scholarship Officer" in the email subject
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15 JUNE 2017