Sawiris Foundation Scholarship in Stem Cell Research
This scholarship program is offered by Sawiris Foundation at the Center of Excellence of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine (CESC) at Zewail City of Science and Technology. This grant is designed to provide a living stipend to researchers planning to conduct a research project in the field of stem cells. Scholarships are merit-based and will be awarded based on a competitive basis. Preference will be given to applicants who have published in peer-reviewed articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of science, medicine, or veterinary medicine from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (or very good, 75%)
- Wet lab research experience
- Personal statement (no more than 2 pages) describing interest in stem cell research
- 3 reference letters from professors or employers familiar with the applicant’s academic performance or work experience
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to give a power point presentation related to stem cell research before the selection committee
The complete application package is handled directly by the Center of Excellence of Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine.
The committee includes representatives of the Center as well as Sawiris Foundation.
The scholarship covers the living expenses of the selected researchers.
Period of Funding:
One year subject to renewal