Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
This annual program is sponsored by Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) through Sawiris Foundation. It is implemented with the American Mid-East Educational & Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST). Since 2001, the program has been providing full tuition scholarships for Egyptian students to pursue their master’s degree at prestigious universities in the United States such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and Caltech, in the fields of Business Administration and Construction Management. 72 students have been sponsored by OCI and Sawiris Foundation, so far.
- Egyptian nationality and residence (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders)
- Plan to pursue master’s degree in one of the top 5 universities in the United States in the fields of business administration or construction management
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 or Very Good (overall)
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Minimum work experience of 3 years
- Commitment to return to Egypt for 2 years after the completion of the master’s degree program
- Have not obtained a master’s degree prior to applying to the OSSP
- ibt TOEFL score of 100 or above (within 2 years)
- For M.Sc. in Business Administration: GMAT score of 650 or above (within 5 years)
- For M.Sc. in Construction Management: GRE score of 302 or above.
Application procedures, including scholarship application form and other necessary documents, are handled by AMIDEAST.
The selection committee of this program includes representatives from OCI and AMIDEAST along with academic consultants.
The scholarship covers university fees, health insurance, educational materials, living allowance and travel expenses.
PERIOD OF FUNDING: