German Headmaster, The German Hotel School El Gouna
EXPECTED STARTING DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
The German Hotel School El Gouna (GHS) was founded in El Gouna, Red Sea, Egypt in 2002 as a joint venture of Orascom Hotels and Development (OHD) and the Egyptian German Academy for Economics and Technology, an affiliated association of the Academy of Economics Dr. P. Rahn & Partner Ltd.
Currently, the school remains under the ownership of OHD and is co-managed by Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD) which serves as a consultant to OHD.
The aim of the school is the vocational education in hospitality according to the German Dual Training System for the hotel industry at the Red Sea region. Egyptian and international trainees are given the chance to acquire a professional education in the hotel sector.
At the end of the training period, the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce conducts the examination of the trainees. If the trainees are successful, they are granted the German diploma of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
In addition to the hotel diploma, the Egyptian students will also receive their ‘Technical Secondary School’ certificate.
A special aspect of the school in El Gouna is the fact that lessons in all hotel specific subjects take place in German language. Extensive instruction in the German language in the first year forms the base of further successful schooling for all Egyptian students.
SCOPE OF THE WORK:
The German Headmaster will have the following duties and responsibilities:
GENERAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and maintain the vision and mission of the school.
- Prepare and implement the strategic plan and work-plan in accordance with the requirements of the Orascom Hotels and Development (OHD) and the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD).
- Prepare and supervise the annual budget and financial plan with the assistance of the Egyptian Manager in accordance with the requirements of OHD and SFSD.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility of the annual budget, in accordance with the requirements of OHD and SFSD.
- Maintain and update the GHS organizational structure (required qualifications for employment position, grade levels, salary scales, promotion requirements, evaluations and appraisals,…), in accordance with the requirements of OHD and SFSD.
- Maintain the adequate size and qualifications of faculty members (recruiting, determining training needs and termination) in compliance with internal bylaws and governmental regulations and OHD and SFSD requirements.
- Ensure the GHS academic operations are aligned with IHK requirements and recognized dual education system (curriculum, teacher qualifications, class schedules and plans, appearance,…).
- Develop and implement punishment regulations for students, in compliance with internal bylaws and governmental regulations including contacting parents.
- Manage restaurant and kitchen operations.
- Maintain and develop the school’s DSD program.
- Setting up the hotel training program (assigning students to hotels, monitoring and evaluating outcomes and compliance of students and hotels with agreement terms, ensuring adequate and timely handling of problems and bottlenecks).
- Promote and develop relations with the school’s academic and foreign partners (ZfA, German Embassy, Hotels, IHK) to serve the best interest of the school in coordination with OHD and SFSD.
- Keep OHD and SFSD regularly updated with correspondences with third parties.
- Develop adequate marketing and outreach plans to serve the best interest of the school.
- Egyptian Manager and Legal Representative.
- Training Manager and associated faculty members (hospitality and non-hospitality).
- Accounting Department.
- Advanced Degree in Education Management, Hospitality or a related field. IHK Leipzig certification is a plus.
- At least three years proven leadership record in top school.
- Native proficiency of German language and very good command of English language is a must.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Committed leadership personality.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills and strong professional and pedagogic skills.
- Social competence, in particular integration and motivation skills, team ability, ability to recognize and promote the potential of the employees, intercultural competence as well as gender competence.
- Methodological competence, in particular above-average ability to plan and organize, proven abilities for moderation, media competency, rhetoric and conference design.
- Personal characteristics, especially ability to innovate, ability to develop visions, to set goals, to develop strategies to achieve this, as well as high stress tolerance.
- Professional competence, in particular extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of school management, competences and experiences in the field of educational and quality development, as well as the ability to evaluate, consolidate and creatively develop change processes.
- At least three years proven leadership record in top school or hospitality management.
- High professional work ethic.
- A high operational readiness, commitment and wealth of ideas.
- Teamwork and leadership skills.
- A structured way of working.
- Personal flexibility and high motivation.
- Good communication and excellent reporting skills in German and English. Arabic as an asset.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
REPORTING AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION:
- The German Headmaster will report to OHD and SFSD.
- Performance will be evaluated by OHD and SFSD.
Send an updated resume and cover letter to Hoda El Mahdy – Acting Education and Scholarships Manager, SFSD at email@example.com