“Combating Unemployment Together” – initiative to Create 5000 Job Opportunities in Five Slum Areas.
The Ministry of Social Solidarity.
Cairo Governorate – Ezbet El-Nasr in El-Basateen neighborhood & Ain Shams.
Giza Governorate – Geziret El-Dahab, Warraq in Imbaba & Talbia in Haram district.
+ EGP 10 million.
Productivity & Vocational Training Department - PVTD - Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Technology Competency Center for the manufacture of leather center.
G4S for Security Services.
SCIB Paints Company.
Leather Train Line.
Construction and Building Center - Ministry Of Housing, Utilities & Urban Development.
Egyptian Association for Training and Research Services for Ready Made Garment and Textile (TrainTex).
Eldar Alarabia for Industrial and Managerial Development.
Career Development Organization (CDO).
Korean institute for modern cars maintenance - Ministry of Industry and Trade.
In pursuit of its mission to contribute to Egypt’s development, and to support initiatives that encourage job creation, a new cooperation protocol was signed between SFSD and the Ministry of Social Solidarity, in 11 February 2014, within the framework of job creation initiative for young people in slums.
A total of 10 million EGP has been allocated by Sawiris Foundation to fund training for employment and microcredit projects that aim to provide 5000 job opportunities for young people and women heads of households in five slums and poor urban neighborhoods: Ezbet El-Nasr in El-Basateen neighborhood, Geziret El-Dahab in the South of Giza, Ain Shams, Warraq in Imbaba and Talbia in Haram district.
These projects are implemented by active NGOs with relevant work experience and capability of communicating with the people of those areas. Implementing NGOs are provided with all technical & financial support by Sawiris Foundation in order to achieve the targeted goals of the initiative. On the other hand, the Ministry of Social Solidarity helps in providing the most recent studies and data about the targeted areas, which can be used as project planning method to create jobs for young people. The Ministry will also facilitate the procedures and all necessary approvals for the selected NGOs that will take part in the implementation of these projects, and provide the infrastructure for the targeted areas as a prerequisite for improving the living conditions in these areas. The protocol also includes the formation of youth teams in those areas to act as a liaison between all concerned parties.
Training for Employment Projects and Implementing NGOs in Cairo and Giza:
- "With Work We Build our Future" project- Implemented by Nahdet Misr Association have (Ain Shams).
- "Peace and Plenty in Serious Work" project, Implemented by Kheir wa Baraka association (Ezbet El-Nasr in El-Basateen neighborhood).
- "Train and Employ Elderly Care Providers" project - Implemented by Almofid association (Talbia).
- "Handcraft to Secure Me" project - Implemented by The Girls of Tomorrow association (Talbia).
- "A Chance of Success" project- Implemented by the Egyptian Association for Marketing and Development (Geziret El-Dahab).
- "Job opportunity Equals Life" project - implemented by El Raedat Association for Development (Warraq - Imbaba).
- "Our Beginning" project – Implemented by The Egyptian Foundation for Family Development (Warraq - Imbaba).
- Improving living conditions in slums areas which are deprived of basic services, jobs opportunities and sources of generating a regular income.
- Empowering young people in slums economically and socially, through building their capacity in technical and vocational skills, in order to solve the youth unemployment problem and create adequate employment opportunities, as a fundamental human right to life.
- Achieving social justice and balanced human development.
- Creating 5000 Job opportunities for young people in five slum areas.
- Improving the level of knowledge and skills among young people of both sexes by providing them with training programs in order to better match the demand of skilled labor.
- Raising living standards of low income families.
- Organizing seminars and workshops to educate young people and to scale up the self employment culture.
- Strengthening the role of social responsibility by creating effective partnerships with the government, private sector and NGOs to meet the high expectations of the Egyptian citizens.
- Contributing to the growth and recovery of the local economy.
- Reducing the prevalence of violence, crime and community problems.
- Building the leadership capacity of young people and and turn them into productive people.
- Activating the concept of community participation.