CALL FOR EDUCATION CONSULTANCY SERVICES
1- About Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD):
The Sawiris Foundation was founded in April 2001 as a grant-making foundation. Set up with an endowment from the Sawiris family – which is made up of prominent members of the business world and the development community - it is one of the first family donor foundations dedicated to social development to be established in Egypt.
Throughout the past 18 years, SFSD has promoted the participation and empowerment of Egypt’s most underprivileged communities and improved their conditions by focusing on job creation, provision of high – quality education, addressing priority health topics, community development and cultural awards.
2- Background Information:
In light of Sawiris Foundation’s interest in supporting distinguished Egyptian students to pursue high quality educational opportunities, and based on the foundation’s interest to generate professional calibers to work in the field of development, Sawiris Foundation launched The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship (YLSS) program in 2015.
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully funded, full-time program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA. The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate-level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights.
The YLSS program has started funding scholars for the 2016-2017 academic year and has to date offered nine (9) scholarships. Please see Annex (1) for program outline.
3- Scope of work:
The consultant will provide Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD) with a variety of services to facilitate the management of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship program (YLSS). The program is fully-funded by SFSD for students pursuing a Masters of Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA. The aim of this program is to sponsor two Egyptian students towards earning their MDP starting the academic year 2020/2021. Program requirements entail completion of a two-year study in addition to an 8-10-week field experience.
To facilitate the management of the program, SFSD seeks the expertise of a qualified education consultant to undergo the following duties:
I. PRE-SELECTION ACTIVITIES:
- Design a scholarship application form in-line with program requirements
- Receive and respond to applicant inquiries during the scholarship call and academic admission phase.
- Receive and keep all application files
- Screen and shortlist applicant files
- Coordinate selection panel
- Attend selection panel
- Finalize Selection Report
II. APPLICATION AND ENROLLMENT:
- Assist selected candidates with applying to the MDP in accordance with the guidelines of the University of Minnesota.
- Correspond with the University on behalf of the SFSD to follow up on the status of candidates’ applications, acceptance, pre-requisite requirements, etc.
The consultant is expected to submit the following throughout the mission:
1- Pre-selection report
2- Interview guide
3- Post-Selection report
4- Final students’ admissions
5- Required qualifications:
- Education: M.A in a related field is preferable
- Work Experience: A minimum of 7 years’ experience in scholarships management or a closely related field.
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office package
- Languages: Fluency in Arabic and English are necessary.
6- Consultancy duration: April 2019 – January 2020
Deadline to receiving proposals is April 4, 2019.
For inquiries, please contact us on the below contact information:
Hadeer Mohamed Abdel Wahab
Education and Scholarships Programs Officer